Thank you. You have rated this product.
Qmax Coolant Reroute
The Qmax coolant reroute is a must have for any Miata experiencing cooling issues.
The B series engine in the Miata was designed for a fwd car. As with all inline 4 cyl engines, coolant entered one one end of the head and exited the other end in the fwd application. This simple path is the most efficient way to extract heat from the head. Mazda turned the engine 90 and tucked it up against the firewall in the Miata. This meant moving the coolant exit to the front, the same end of the head as the inlet. This poor flow path is the primary cause for overheating which is so common in the 90-05 MX5. The 949 Racincg Qmax reroute has a carefully engineered low profile adapter for the back of the head to retain the original front to back coolant path. Just this one modification will significantly reduce coolant temps. Even a bone stock Miata will run a bit hot, and the stock ECU will reduce ignition timing which hurts power and fuel economy.
The Qmax Reroute Features
- Internally machined to maximize coolant velocity which is key to improving cooling efficiency.
- Retain the use of your EGR pipe for emissions or CEL.
- The OEM coolant temp sensor location is retained so the wiring harness does not need to be modified.
- Spare 1/8 NPT ports are provided for aftermarket coolant temp or coolant pressure sensors.
- All important hardware is stainless steel to increase service life.
- High flow Stant Superstat is utilized to increase coolant velocity.
- Simple sealed adapter housing elminates gaskets and finicky, leak prone threaded fittings.
- Convenient bleed port allows system bleeding with car level if you have COPS ignition.
- No remote thermostat housing for easy fitment and improved reliability.
To learn more about your 90-05 Miata cooling system and how to improve efficieny, visit this forum article 949 Racing wrote: andnbsp;https://www.miataturbo.net/race-prep-75/miata-cooling-system-thread-79930/
Installation takes the average mechanic a few hours with common hand tools.andnbsp;
Specialty Tools required:
- Internal snap ring pliers, like these:andnbsp;https://www.harborfreight.com/snap-ring-pliers-with-interchangeable-heads-60531.html
- Metric allen keys