Wheels for STR NC

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Kaze

Wheels for STR NC

Post by Kaze »

Hi Brian,

The rules for the new proposed STR class have been released, and i'm sure it will be very popular with NC owners. With that in mind, what would your wheel recommendation be for an STR NC? The rules are 255 tires and 9" max wheels.

What offset would be ideal? I've read that the 17x9 +45 rpf1 can rub on the inside if used with 255 tires, but at the same time it doesn't seem like there is much more room to lower the offset without pulling the fender. Your experience would be much appreciated!

http://scca.com/documents/Fastrack/09/0 ... g-solo.pdf
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

With posting of the rules we sold most every set we had today of 45mm 17x9 RP-F1..... I expect we will be sold out within 3 days. And Enkei won't have more until at least September.

I can't imagine much issue with inside rub with that combo given that we run 285s at 45mm offset on 18x9.5 with the same 45mm offset on our SSM 07 NC.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

I have the slightest amount of rub on the street with this setup, and no rub with the CSP rolling stock. I can't imagine a scenario where you'd get rub while autrocrossing (except for a really bad alignment or an off-course excursion!).
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
Kaze

Post by Kaze »

Wow, glad to see so many people excited about this class. So do you think the +45 offset is ideal, there are a few other choices at:

+43: 5Zigen FN01-RC
+46: Konig Runaway (only 8" though)
+49: Weds TC-105N

The +49 might be nice if it doesn't rub on the inside. Thanks guys!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Do you want to win or just show up? :wink:

+43: 5Zigen FN01-RC...Heavier is slower...this is an 18.5 pound wheel
+46: Konig Runaway (only 8" though)...8 inch won't be competitive....at all.
+49: Weds TC-105N----double the cost for the same weight and might rub with 255 to the inside.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Kaze

Post by Kaze »

Hehe, understood Brian, thanks for taking the time to respond!