NC 2006 Miata Wheel Pictures and SEMA MazdaSpeed Miata

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.

Post by Guest »

You wouldn't happen to have any other pics of that car with the 18's on it, would you? It looks like it's got the factory air dam and side skirts on it.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Anonymous wrote:You wouldn't happen to have any other pics of that car with the 18's on it, would you? It looks like it's got the factory air dam and side skirts on it.
Here you go...

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com

Post by Guest »

Bleh...

Like the wheels, hate the EVEN BIGGER fender gap.

-chris
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Anonymous wrote:Bleh...

Like the wheels, hate the EVEN BIGGER fender gap.

-chris
Agreed, the low profile 18s just make the gap look even worse...but still dying to know how light these rims are.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Here's the BEEF. Mounted up our Khumo 245/45/16 race tires. Did our corner balance today and alignment and our NC is all ready for her first Autocross tomorrow. Did a few of my favorite "test" freeway ramps today to "test" the feel of the setup. Feels SOOO good now. A blast to drive and now it STICKS. Over 60mph on the 25mph onramps and still not at the limit. Will find the limit at the autocross tomorrow. Such a blast to drive....can't wait!!!!

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Image[/quote]
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Just for fun....here are our track wheels for our RX8...18x9.5 at all four corners with 275/35/18s. NO, they do NOT Fit. Just for measurement fun and to see what the Enkei RP-F1s look like on the NC. Interestingly, they fit in the rear and the problem in the front is diameter...not width. One could imagine loading up these same rims with a smaller diameter....285/30/18s MIGHT be possible on the NC.

If you like this wheel on the NC, we do have this wheel in narrower sizes that do fit the NC, including 18x7.5s and 17x7.5.

Last edited by Brian on Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good news at SEMA is that Mazda will continue with what it started on the RX8 with easy to swap panels. To change the front nose of the RX8 to the MazdaSpeed front nose was about 8 bolts and a dozen plastic clips to go from stock to this:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... ?p=416#416

The new NC Miata used the same design idea and at SEMA yesterday they told me the body parts are coming soon. You order them already painted and simply unbolt your current front and rear clips and add the MazdaSpeed clips....pretty cool. Here is the new NC front end I took pics of at SEMA yesterday. I like it.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Okay...after much demand here are more photos of the SEMA NC:

Notice the mention of the knee pad for spirited driving...thank goodness! I was pretty bruised after my first autocross in my NC.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com