JIC's installed for 2006 NC MX-5 Miata!!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Just picked my car up from getting aligned and now have 2 degrees all the way around.

It also now appears that I have added a small amount of additional flaring to the rear fenders when I did the lip rolling. No biggie, and may well be needed once those 18's show up! :lol:

Can't wait to play with it some now!!! One more hour of work....

Ron
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Brian,

Did you set the ride height with no weight in the drivers seat? I put 180 pounds in the drivers seat when I was setting the height, and now I'm wondering if that was a good idea as it appears that my ride height without a driver in the car is quite a bit different.

Also, do you happen to know at what height the rear shock travel becomes too small? I set mine to 24 5/8 all the way around. While I didn't experience any rubbing with the 245's at the event on Sunday, I do get a small amount of rubbing with the front shocks at full soft with the stock tires on a road that has a couple hard dips.

Lastly, are the Enkeis in yet? :twisted:

Ron
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Ron,

I did not have ballast in the seat when I set the heights.

On rear height, that is a measurement from ground? I am much higher...25 inches even at all four corners with stock tires on. Measuring from center of wheel up to lips I am just a hair over 13.5 inches. Tons of rear travel but of course that is dependent in large part on the length of the assembly that you set....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Yep, measurement from the ground. I don't have issues with driveway grades where I live, so I figured that going lower than yours should be fine for me. Of course if that means that it runs out of travel, that could be an issue.

However, I can't imagine that they'd design that much adjustment for ride height knowing that it can't all be used.

I redid the adjustments for the springs last night to get them so that they have as little preload as possible. Of course since it rained on Sunday at the autocross, one of the adjusters isn't wanting to move, so I'll have to get some brake cleaner on the way home to spray in there to try to dislodge whatever got in there. Then I'll retry everything.

BTW, I did check the fronts and they are indeed marked as 7s. The rears however don't seem to have any markings on them.....

Ron
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hey Guys....Enkei just called and the 18x9.5s are back in stock. Anybody that wants some should get the order in immediately...we sold out last time in TWO DAYS flat.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

I'll call tomorrow, but I'm in for a set!

Ron
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Woohoo, got my set ordered. Can't wait to see what they look like on the car. I'll definitely post pictures!

Ron
beagleracing

Post by beagleracing »

Brian wrote:That's a 45mm offset. Here is some info and a pic I posted previously showing how well this offset fit in the 9.5 inch width, and this was BEFORE this car had much negative camber dialed in:

Did some more playing with max tire sizes on our 2006 MX5 Miata...looking ahead to the day when we have a turbo or supercharger on the car. Used an Eastwood fender rolling tool to get a good roll on the rear lips and now the 275/35/18s on 18x9.5 Enkei RP-F1 off our RX8 fit in the rear. The tire is still too tall to fit in the front (can't turn the wheels without hitting fender liner) but our latest results suggest that it is possible to build a SM2 or CSP car using 285/30/18s on this same rim and with enough negative camber make it all fit....hmmm

The more I look at this picture the more I think about the discrepencies between sizes of street tires vs. race tires. It's become pretty obvious that a 225 street tire isn't nearly as wide as a 225. I've noticed it with my 245s vs. some street 245s. I wonder if the 285s in race rubber will be significantly wider than what's shown here which may make it harder to fit. hmmm?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

It may. I may have to get more aggressive with the fender roller. We can work the fender out as necessary but I will know more later this week when the wheels get from Enkei to here. I have a pair of half worn V710s in 285/30/18s and a pair of 710s in 245/35/18s off a customer's porsche for the test fitting. Will try the 285s front and rear and see how it goes...and retreat to the 245s on these rims as necesary.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
beagleracing

Post by beagleracing »

post pictures! (and how many wheels did you order? I don't think I want (4), but rather just (2) for the rear)

(btw, quick update on the NC supercharger. it's going very smoothly. the power steering pump is being relocated to where the idler pulley is to make room for the SC. Xede is worked out, not too long before this puppy is ready to go!)

d