PART NUMBER: 61-1785F
Shown here is same bar in both our Project Fiat 124 and ND Miata. The RZ name stands for Road / Z-fold and it is our choice of roll bars for street driven with occasional track day fun.
Key features of the RZ roll bar:
* Allows full use of the factory soft top which can be lowered from the driver's seat.
* SCCA Legal. Not kinda legal, not almost legal, not "hopefully you can sneak it by tech" legal. 100% SCCA LEGAL.
* NASA Legal too, NASA CCR 11.4.7
* 2" taller than OEM hoop structure.
* DOM Steel construction with full X brace and a harness bar as standard.
* Factory seat travel and recline retained in full.
* Allows all plastic and carpet trim panels to be reinstalled (with minor trimming), glove box retained.
* Includes amp relocation bracket for cars with Bose sound system. Allows fitment of both versions of stock windblocker (soft top version and RF version shown in pics here).
* High grade hardware kit included.
* High quality powder coat finish included in BLACK, many custom colors available for just $150 additional fee.
* Weight gain of just ~26 Lbs. in comparison with the OEM hoop structure it replaces!
Priced at $1245 (plus tax / shipping) for the complete setup in black. The High Gloss Silver finish as shown in the pics is an additional $130.
Please note the website sometimes does not accurately calculate shipping for this large item. Please place your order as usual and if the any correction needs to be made to the shipping charges we will contact you.
These bars are made to order. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your bar to be fabricated.
BEWARE the wimpy stock bars are just 1 inch aluminum under the BIG plastic covers, here is what the stock hoop looks like:
On Track In Our Blue ND with same Bar at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca!
At Willow Springs Raceway with Grassroots MotorSports Magazine shootout article (see our media page)!
I researched several options for replacing the "style bars" on my new 2019 Fiat 124 Abarth and decided it was worth the price to get the Blackbird bar. I chickened out on trying to install this bar myself in my small shop. A local Seattle performance shop (425 Motorsports) installed it for ~$1500 in less than 2 days. They did a beautiful job in spite of the fact that they had not done a Blackbird bar or Fiat before. They kept my brand new Fiat (650 miles) in pristine condition---the installation looks "factory" not add-on, and the car looks great. Even 425 commented on how this is a well engineered installation. It is a well braced, clean-looking bar with heavy duty materials and pretty good instructions. It has to provide significant improvement over the "mainly decorative" stock hoops but zero impact to the folding top, the seats, the sound system, or the center storage compartment. Note that the low-profile perimeter is like a double-hoop bar that has been bridged together so I would not expect it to provide the same protection for hard-core/high-speed track use as a taller, full-width diagonal-braced bar or full roll cage. It will provide extra safety in daily driving and occasional track use including performance driving classes and autocross type events. Also note, if you are taller than ~68 inches +/- and need to do the "broomstick test" to pass inspection at your particular track event you might not pass with a large helmet on unless you swap out the stock Fiat/Abarth seats for ones that sit lower.