Unique design features only to be found in our product:
- "One-Touch" top operation allows your top to open or close automatically.
- Open / Close The Top While Driving. Speed programmable up to 40kmh.
- Reversible Plug-In Installation. Remove anytime allowing sale or return of a leased vehicle in it's original condition.
- USB Port For Easy Setup / Updates. This module can be configured and updated using almost any Mac or PC.
- Individually Programmable - Configure functions of the module to meet your personal preferences via the signature blinker setup menu.
- Plug-N-Play Wiring Harness. Custom designed plug-in-between wiring harness for extremely simple and quick installation included.
- Passive / Invisible Mode. Turn the whole module off with an easy key sequence. Ideal when letting someone else drive your car.
- Ultra-low power standby mode
- Plug-and-Play Installation: Simply plug in between
- Programmable Safety feature for operation while halted
- For Model Year 2006+
To echo what the others have already said, the features provided by the smartTop module should be built in from the factory....but at it is not, it makes for a good quarantine project. Installation is pretty straightforward but the space is tight. Expect many small cuts all over your hands as proof you've completed the installation. The programming is easy and the Mac compatible software works without any issues. Bottom line then, this is a great addition, it's (relatively) easy to install - figure about 20 minutes - and for the money, worth it.
Agree with other reviews that this is how it should be from stock. One touch operation (godsend with a manual transmission), increase of speed limiter from the factory 6mph all the way to 32mph (with settings in between if you want to play it safe), no reverse lockout, valet mode. Everything I could've asked for.
Installation took an hour mostly because I'm severely out of shape and the space you're working in is super tight. I recommend having a friend around to hold the plastic flap open and potentially shine a light into the area you'll be working in so that you can have both hands free. The procedure is not complicated at all, the only thing drawing it out was that I had to go by feel given how tight the space was.
Still, super happy with the result. Highly recommend it.
This is one of those upgrades that should be a factory standard. Its a quick install, totally plug and play, and online instruction where perfect. Only thing I would change is the option to operate roof with car ignition off.
This should be from the factory. This mod is top on my list of many mods to my MX-5. After watching some youtube vids on the install (search fo Kill-O-Byte and he has a great vid showing the install) it should take no longer than 30-40 minutes.
It's a tight area to work in and you will need to have some dexterity. But it's worth it 110%. One touch operation. Not having to be at a full stop. Being at a stop light while in mid operation and be able to drive and let the roof complete its operation...priceless.
Bonus. I got a $25 GWR customer reward for this purchase! You miles may vary on that one :)
Thanks for offering this excellent product on your site Brian.
Love it! With a manual transmission it was a pain to have to hold the top's switch. So, not I can open/close the top as I leave the house without waiting, and waiting, and waiting :)
Very easy to install.