PART NUMBER: 61-1950F
What you get:
- Lightweight aluminum brackets to hold the battery securely in the factory location
- Stainless steel battery cable adapter
- Hardware included
Below is STOCK battery, over 39 pounds with the bucket and hardware included.
Below is what you add back, total 3.35 pounds with the lighter 360 CCA choice.
- The battery this kit is designed for ships with adhesive-backed foam padding in various thicknesses. Apply the 1/4" thick pads to the battery brackets in five locations; on the two vertical ears on the main base plate, and on the two sides and the top of the straps that hold the battery in place.
- To install the cable adapter on the positive terminal, first unbolt the round battery post connector from the fuse junction on the positive cable and then replace that post connector with the supplied stainless steel "L" shaped adapter using the included 8mm hardware. The adapter attaches the cable to the battery at an angle so that the standard cable length does not need to be changed. See photo at the top of this page for reference. To fit the plastic post cover over the positive terminal again, just trim the side of the cover with a razor blade to clear.
- To install the negative cable on the new battery, remove the factory clamp's bolt with a 10mm wrench, flip the terminal over so that the top of the negative lead meets the battery's post, and replace the facoty bolt you removed the long bolt supplied in the kit to fasten it to the battery. Again, see photo for reference.
Brian's Extra Notes: Not practical for most folks, intended for the guys who really do race the weekends in SCCA Autocross and track events. So far we have had zero issues with the 360 CCA battery choice used in our ND, but we went with the 480 CCA choice in our Fiat 124 because the Fiat uses the battery post shut down to circulate fluid through the turbo for cooling purposes, thus we strongly suggest at least the 480 CCA choice and frequent use of Battery Tender .75 amp float charger for these lithium units. If the car is sitting at home in the garage, it is connected to the battery tender. Numerous other choices will fit, bracket takes batteries such as AntiGravity YTX12-24, EarthX LTX900 and LTX1200 (the last two are TALLER and need spacer and/or longer bolts not included with bracket but worth the trouble for those seeking even more juice...600 CCA for the LTX1200).
Much lighter than original, also easier oil changes. Battery needed is expensive, just hope it last twice as long. Thanks Brian. You have been very helpful with all my questions along the way. Nelson
I order the light battery kit, which fit very well. The battery I order was a 300 cca it did not work to small. I replaced it with a 650 cca. (For Harley Davidson) And it worked fine. The problem was the battery tray was to small so I had to modify it. This kit saves a lot of front end weight and room. It is definitely worth it.