Miatas at Laguna Seca---20 Year Anniversary, NEW NC ROLLBAR

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

bluemeany wrote:The wife just booked our hotel rooms in beautiful ...ehmm... Seaside.

Gonna try and make this trip! :D

Wow! Road Trip! Great news!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jimhk1011

Post by jimhk1011 »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, I just signed up for the track event at MRLS, first track experience with my miata, woohoo! (have done autocrosses with 01 celica before)

I need to get a rollbar installed on my 99 soon (march 21!), can I get some advice on which one to get? (will double hoop boss frog works?) Also any recommended installer around the bay area would be appreciated as I might not be capable of doing the task myself.

I've bought my racing beat dual from Goodwin and it was a pleasure experience, just want to give him my 2 thumbs up!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the good words. Track day techs are generally looking for a four point bar. The Double Hoop BossFrog is actually six points and certainly will do the job. Note you have choice of MAXX version that leans back slightly or standard version which is more upright (and should only be used with the optional padding) If planning to make track days a regular habit then I would consider adding a BossFrog bolt-in harness bar and a six point harness that you can add and remove for track days.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... 1040B.html
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0014.html

As for Bay Area installer, that's easy. You can use our online store to send any of our rollbars direct to the same guy who is the organizer for that Laguna Seca Track day you just signed up for:

PR MotorSports
ATTN: Rick Weldon
19845 Cabot Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545
Phone (510) 786-0851
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Monark192

Post by Monark192 »

We will be there with the Craigslist special track car for its first outing. My wife will be driving as well so the car will be doing double duty. Still need a few minor details like tires, seat belts etc, so will be spending some (lots??) more money Brian.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

bluemeany wrote:Yeah i would have expected that too, but I read the caveat that said group A and B had to have roll bars with rearward bracing. Tough to get that with an NC and still have a convertible top.
Hi Adam,

See what you think of this.....

Brace our double hoop upgraded bar to the rear using the factory hardtop mounts. The beauty of this idea is that the hardtop mounts are already designed to bolt in and out. So, we pick up that point, and make these rear braces an item you add onto our Double Hoop NC Rollbar just for track days. Here is the roughed prototype shot below. Under those factory hardtop mounts it is already boxed and reinforced by the factory but we then do even better with a bracing between the rear shock towers and replacing the thin vertical factory reinforcements with more beef as illustrated in the rough prototype in the second picture below. This brace in the trunk would be a separate item that adds quite a bit of rigidity to the rear section and should improve rear suspension response:

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
bluemeany

Post by bluemeany »

WOW, That looks great! You've come up with a fantastic looking solution. I love it!

I suppose one needs to do a Native American sunshine dance before putting on the bars?
Adam D
Blue NC
http://thebluemeany.blogspot.com/
Sandor

Post by Sandor »

WOW!! I really like the look. when will it be available to the public?
2006 Limited: Sways, Scan guage, Limited slip, RPF1 with Yokahoma Advan Neova 235/40 17, Konig Runaways with Exclaim UHP 245/40 17, Ohilns. Cosworth S/C, double hoop w/ brace
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2923127
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the responses guys. I hope to have them for sale by first week of March.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

will the hardtop mount bars work with your other rollbar as well?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

grey_NC wrote:will the hardtop mount bars work with your other rollbar as well?
Nope. But working on a new single hoop design that will use these same rear supports.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com