Thank you. You have rated this product.
Steering rack spacers help alleviate "bump steer," which can be identified when your wheels steer themselves without input from the steering wheel. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps in the track interacting with improper length or angle of your suspension and steering linkages. This is a common problem on 1990-1997 Miatas when they are lowered from stock ride heights, even Mazda made an attempt to fix this with the 93LE tie rod ends!
The 5x Racing steering rack spacers raise the steering rack 1/2" higher on the subframe to reposition the rack higher, and help correct the angle of the steering tie-rods on a car that has been lowered. andnbsp;Bumpsteer is effectively toeing in the front wheels and causing alignment changes, which is not ideal for a racing vehicle. By spacing the rack higher, you now level out the steering tie-rods and help return them closer to the angle in which they were from the factory.
- 2 rack spacers and all hardware needed to install onto existing subframe.
- No modifications needed Fits all 1990-1997 Mazda Miata's.
- Will NOT fit 1999-2005 Miata's
- Raises steering rack mounted height to reduce bumpsteer on extremely lowered cars.
- Designed for racecars, however a great addition to a lowered street car to correct suspension geometry
- Made in the US out of high-grade billet aluminum 1/2" thick to comply with the Spec Miata rule 16.3 (see below)andnbsp;
After installation, you MUST re-align your car!
Sean's Installation Notes: If the rules allow it, these are a must have item for any lowered 1990-1997 Mazda Miata. After installing the rack spacers I was blown away how much better the car tracked much better over bumps. andnbsp;More importantly the reduced bumpsteer made my car much easier to drive and bumpy autocross lots are no longer a gym session for my forearms! On track the results are very similar and bumpy sections of the course are not nearly as punishing. Without a doubt the 5x Racing steering rack spacers are one of the best bang for buck mods I've done.andnbsp;